Mayfield Church of Christ is praying that someone will be called to join us as our Worship Pastor. We are looking for someone who is skilled musically, who is passionate about leading others to encounter God and who can lead a team of people.
This position is a part-time role, remuneration will be based on Churches of Christ NSW ministers pay guidelines for 1 day (8 hours) per week. These hours may be spread over multiple days as negotiated with the church leadership.
The primary purpose of the Worship Pastor is to lead our Creative Team. The purpose of the Creative Team is to provide our community opportunities to encounter and deepen their relationship with God utilising creative elements such as music and the arts.
We are seeking someone who can bring their unique ‘flavour’ to this ministry, regenerate & grow a small group of volunteers and take the Creative Team into the next phase.
The successful candidate will be actively supported to do this by the Senior Pastor and SLT (Spiritual Leadership Team) – also known as Elders.
- Provide leadership, vision & oversight to the Creative ministry in alignment with Mayfield’s vision, mission and strategy.
- Develop and equip volunteers.
- Plan corporate worship services & major seasonal events in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
- Execute administrative tasks in support of the ministry (e.g. rostering, order of services, maintenance of worship software)
- Utilise opportunities for personal and team professional development
- Attend fortnightly mentoring session with the Senior Pastor or member of the Spiritual Leadership Team.
- Participate and support other ministry areas (e.g. Youth & Children) as a key member of the Ministry Team.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- The candidate needs to embody a healthy relationship with God, possess a high level of personal integrity and a commitment to discipleship.
- A demonstrated commitment to the role of worship in the transformation of people
- Musical competency and experience leading worship to a high standard
- An appreciation and good understanding (or willingness to attain) of technology in worship (sound, lighting etc.)
- Skilled in organisation, administration and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience serving in worship ministry and consistency within their local Church.
- Able to work unsupervised and in a team
- Willing to accept instruction and be undertaking (or commit to undertaking) theological study.
- Capable of adhering to agreed work practices, policies and procedures
Mayfield Church of Christ is an authentic community of Jesus followers situated in Newcastle NSW. Our Vision is ‘to see our world transformed through life-changing relationships with Jesus Christ’. We are partnering with like-minded Christians in working together to help this Vision become a reality. We are committed to following Jesus and are passionate about the transformation of our world.
We are a part of Fresh Hope (Churches of Christ NSW).
For more information, contact Tim Drough on 0402 409 000. To apply for the position please send your application addressing the Key Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday 30 September 2016.