August 15, 2020 – Our COVIDSafe Conditions of Entry
Please DO NOT enter if any of the following points apply to you:
- You are exhibiting any of the following symptoms – fever/high temperature, dry cough, shortness of breath, sore throat,
- You are waiting for COVID-19 test results,
- You have been to a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days (for the latest list of locations visit: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates),
- Or you have any other reason to suspect you have COVID-19 or any other transmissible disease.
If you enter this facility you agree to the following:
- You will provide your full name and contact details (phone number and email address) to assist with contact tracing. One contact per household is required.
- You will leave the facility at the onset of the above-mentioned symptoms, get tested and self-isolate.
- You will practice good hygiene – washing hands and/or using hand sanitiser regularly, avoid touching your face etc.
- You will practice physical distancing (keeping at least 1.5 metres from anyone who does not live in your house).
- You will not sing aloud unless you are the designated singer (singing in your head is ok).
- You will be seated as much as is practical.
- You will adhere to the maximum capacity of designated spaces.
- You will endeavour to keep outside informal gatherings before and after an event to a minimum.
- You may wear a face mask as is recommended for Places of Worship (from Aug 2, 2020).
- It is strongly recommended that you install the COVIDSafe App.
We thank you for your cooperation in endeavouring to keep yourself, others and especially the elderly and vulnerable safe at this time.
The Eldership of Mayfield Church of Christ
July 25, 2020 – COVID Update from Tim & Em
G’day Everyone, Just a quick update from us.
We’d love to be together in-person again, but we believe the best decision for us at the moment is for our building to remain closed.
We have a unique opportunity to BE the church wherever we are, so our encouragement to ourselves and to those who regularly worship with us is to shine God’s light brightly wherever we are!
We invite you to continue to join us online Sundays at 9 – https://mayfieldcofc.online.church
If you’re new and would like to connect, visit: https://mayfieldcofc.org.au/welcome
If you would like to view any of our past services, they’re available anytime on our YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/mayfieldcofcyt
June 5, 2020 – Letter from the Eldership
22 March, 2020 – Letter displayed at our facility
20 March, 2020 – Facebook Video for our Community
19 March, 2020 – Letter to Church Membership
As we are all aware, we are living in an unprecedented period in our lifetimes with Covid-19.
This morning I spoke with the other members of the Spiritual Leadership Team – Alan, Em & Libby and we believe the best course of action at this point in time is to temporarily suspend all activities that operate from our facility – this includes services, ministries, small groups & community group meetings.
There are a number of reasons for our decision:
- Our first responsibility as church leaders is to love God, but a very close second is to love people, especially those people God has entrusted us to lead. The best way we can do this is to do what we can to ensure our people are safe and healthy. As so many people frequent our building on any given week, we cannot guarantee it is safe and virus-free. We do not have the resources to do a facility-wide disinfection after each group of people meet.
- Our church has never been about a gathering event at a specific location. We are the church! Whether we’re meeting together, or are representing Christ wherever we find ourselves, we are the church. Together or apart, we are the church!
- We have at our fingertips the technology to actively engage and connect with people. Of course, it will not be the same as being in the room together! But we can worship, share, encourage and pray with and for each other all the while ensuring nothing sinister is transmitted between us.
We understand this news may be disheartening and/or disappointing for some people but please know this is not a decision the leadership team has taken lightly. We have been praying for wisdom and asking God what the best decision is going forward and together we believe this is the right course of action (that is not to condemn other churches or services who remain open).
Please utilise the following platforms to stay connected. Do not hesitate to reach out if myself or other members of the team can be of any assistance. If we are unavailable, please leave a message and we will respond when we can.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/mayfieldcofc
- Our church app: https://churchme.app/ (install app and search for Mayfield Church of Christ)
- Church webpage: www.mayfieldcofc.org.au
Finally, please know that this decision is not based in fear. We serve an almighty, all-powerful God who is with us, for us and can protect us from anything – even Covid-19! But, God has also given us minds to think rationally about situations. Hearts to hear from Him. Courage to act, to make what sometimes are challenging decisions. We believe more than ever, we’re summoned by God right now to be the church. There is no time like the present, people are crying out!
We encourage you, we encourage ourselves, let’s be the church together even when we’re apart.
Stay tuned for updates regarding things going forward on the platforms mentioned above and also email/sms. We hope to get creative with spurring one another on!! Thank you for your understanding.
Tim on behalf of the Spiritual Leadership Team (SLT) – Alan, Em & Libby.