Mayfield Church of Christ is an authentic and faithful community of Jesus followers situated in Newcastle NSW. Our Vision is ‘to see our world transformed through life-changing relationships with Jesus Christ by being [Our Mission] a visible and relevant example of Jesus in our world.’ The Leadership are seeking to empower people who are committed followers of Jesus, to see this Vision become a reality. We are committed to following Jesus, passionate about transformation in the lives of others, and are dedicated to what God is doing within our local, national and global church community.
We are a part of Churches of Christ NSW Fresh Hope movement.
This position is a part-time role, remuneration will be based on Churches of Christ NSW ministers pay guidelines for 1 day (8 hours) per week.
From a developed and intimate relationship with Jesus, the Worship Pastor will lead the Creative team. The purpose of this ministry is to provide pastoral and professional leadership to the worship ministry.
The Spiritual Leadership Team (Elders) are seeking someone who can regenerate & grow a small group of volunteers and take this ministry to the next level.
- Provide leadership, vision & oversight to the Worship ministry in alignment with Mayfield’s mission, vision and strategy.
- Develop and equip volunteers.
- Plan corporate worship services in consultation with the Senior Pastor
- Oversee the creative aspects of major seasonal services
- Liaise with other ministry areas to support worship needs (eg. Children’s &Youth, Chaplaincy)
- Execute administrative tasks in support of the ministry (eg. rostering, order of services, maintenance of SongSelect)
- Networking with other churches in the movement of Fresh Hope (Churches of Christ NSW) and utilising opportunities through Fresh Hope (and other organisations) for personal and team development.
- Undertake relevant professional development
- Regular (at least fortnightly) mentoring session with the Senior Pastor or member of the Spiritual Leadership Team.
- Participate as a key member of the Mayfield Church of Christ Ministry Team.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- The candidate needs to embody a growing and healthy relationship with God, possess a high level of personal integrity and a commitment to discipleship.
- A demonstrated commitment to the role of worship in the transformation of people
- Musical competency and a demonstrated excellence in leading worship
- A good understanding and appreciation of technology in worship (sound, lighting etc.)
- Skilled in organisation, administration and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience serving in worship ministry and demonstrated consistency within their local Church.
- Able to work unsupervised and in a team
- Willing to accept instruction and be undertaking (or having completed) theological study.
- Capable of adhering to agreed work practices, policies and procedures
For more information, contact Tim Drough on 0402 409 000. To apply for the position please send your application addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday 8 July 2016.